Monday 30 June 2014

Scenes from an exhibition....













Here's a little peek at Saturday's opening of the Group Gathering Shirt Collar Project exhibition. It was wonderful to see everyone's collars together and view some of  their other work. Thanks to the lovely Kathleen of Murgatroyd and Bean who conceived of and organised this wonderful project, it was a pleasure to be involved. Kathleen will be profiling each of the artists and their completed collars and revealing a little about how they approached the project over at the Group Gathering Blog so pop over there for a look, it makes interesting reading.

10 comments:

Vermont Knitter said...

Wonderful to see your collar on display in the gallery. Also lovely to see your "She decided . . . " photographed in the gallery setting. Very interesting photos exploring the exhibit, gives the feeling of being there. Also visited the Group Gathering blog to see some of the other pieces. Inspiring! I love the different treatments of the collar theme and the artists reflections.
Beautiful!
Rachel Kahn
Vermont Knitter

gentlework said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments Rachel - so glad you enjoyed your virtual visit - there are more photos on my facebook page, Christine x

Mo Crow said...

fabulous!

Sea Angels said...

Really beautiful Christine, I love your whole design/composition its gorgeous, totally gorgeous. xxx
Hugs Lynn xxx

susan hemann said...

I am so glad to have seen your collar! Lovely. I have been following this project since February. I wish I could have come to see it, unfortunately I live in the US. I am so glad I will be able to see all the projects on the blog.

gentlework said...

Thanks so much Lynn, Susan and Mo,for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated! Christine x

bayou said...

Hello Christine, thank you for these photos which enables us to see from far. Beautiful creations, I don't know what I would love best but all truly unique and wonderful!

Deborah Darling said...

Gorgeous Christine, so lovely to see you and your beautiful work, well done its wonderful :) xxx

Hastypearl said...

What fun, for each of you, to see what the other has done for the whole display ! This is so clever! Laura

Jayne said...

Beautiful work in a truly lovely setting. I feel as if I had visited your exhibition. I love the styling of your work Christine. Lovely to see some photographs of you x